Photobucket

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Kitchen Plans

I decided I would do a post on my kitchen plans. Then hopefully it can all be FINISHED in the next month or two.

Here is the Color for my countertops. I have picked out Silestone (a quartz product) in the color of Mountain Mist.


I'm going with a Stainless Steel Banjo Undermount sink. Something similar to this...


I still need to pick out a faucet for the sink. I found one I like, but it doesn't work with the banjo style sinks. So I'll have to look again for something like the style above. I'm not much of a fan of the arching sink faucets, but I like the banjo style sink so the faucet is something I'll learn to like.

I was trying to find my paint color online and I can't seem to find a paint sample of it. But it is FreshAire Choice with the color being Natural Wilderness. It is kinda a browny grey color.

These are my Drawer Pulls

And these are my Cabinet door Pulls


All of this against my white cabinets. I decided against refacing or painting them. I think the white will keep it all nice and open and fresh looking.

I'm still trying to find and decide what butcher block to buy. I have a fairly small island in the middle of the kitchen. I thought it would be FUN to do a butcher block counter top on it. So I'm just needing to figure out how I want to do that. I'll probably go with a bamboo or birch butcher block.

The appliances I still need to purchase are the dishwasher, microwave and refrigerator. I'm not in a rush to get those changed out. I'm okay with having the miscolored appliances for awhile. I'm READY for the kitchen to be done. I think once that's done the rest of the house will begin to fall into place. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have stalled out on installing our backsplash. I need to take and send pictures from our current state. I can't wait to see pictures of the finished project!