UP: planning a girls trip to wine country
(image from http://www.winenapavalley.com/)
down: Some days you wish someone was greeting you at home with dinner
UP: You can have Macaroni & Cheese for dinner on the days you don't feel like "cooking." Heck you can even have it in bed if you feel like it. (I may or may not have had one of these days in the midst of the snowstorms)
UP: All the time you could ever want to meditate, read, reflect in silence
down: too much silence and thinking by yourself can lead to negative thoughts...
UP: I definitely keep myself feeling young cause I keep up with all pop culture (I was one of the few friends of mine that knew ALL the artists on the Grammys last night)
UP: all the guilty pleasure TV I could want - The Bachelor, Keeping up with the Kardashians, and all my other fav reality shows
down: I may or may not be getting a false reality to "LOVE"
UP: When someone needs a friend, a listening ear, a pal to run around with I'm available and don't have to ask for permission.
down: finding that time to talk, catch up, or hang out with others when I need someone to talk to, want to run to dinner with. It can take a couple of weeks to a month to get together with those other married friends, after we've spent time comparing calendars, checking with spouses, kids, etc.
down: some days I could really use some manly hands/strength around this house for all of these renovation projects.
UP: I've discovered more strength, independence, and knowledge in performing home renovations as a single gal. And you can't beat the satisfaction you feel when you see a project completed that you know YOUR Hands completed!!!
UP: That cute purse, shoes, outfit, yeah I bought it...SO WHAT?!
down: Some days I probably need someone to hold me back on my shopping sprees...that's what returns are for though, RIGHT?!
UP: I have been able to spend time needed to take care of family without being tied down.
UP: at my will I was able to up and fly off to New Mexico to visit my bestie and her family.
UP: Dance classes Every Monday Night
(image from: http://www.ballet-photography.com/)
down: The bed can be cold and lonely at night
UP: No one's keeping me up with their snoring.
Bottom line, the UPs are far outweighing the downs and I'm pretty sure I'm right where I'm supposed to be at this time in my life.
Over the past year I would say I truly "UNDERSTOOD" what that meant. And I'd say over the last 3 months have I actually begin to put it into effect in my life. Those who know me, know I seek love, approval, and affection from others. These last few months I've realized instead of waiting for that love/affection that always disappoints, I've discovered it's been in me all along. Doing things that I find happiness in, has led me to more Joy in the 3 months I've put it into action than the past 31 years I've been off in "search" for it!
Love to All my Single Ladies out there, we've definitely Got THE LIFE. And I bet a few of you attached Ladies may find something to take away from this...nope that Love we all long for doesn't come from your spouse/boyfriend, it comes from YOU and the Amazing Love of our Lord! Only when we realize this can we feel FULL!







1 comment:
Thank you, Kristen! I really needed to read this today. As a newly (3 days) single girl again, valentines day was kind-of lousy. Your post reminded me why Ive always like being single. Thanks!
Gretchen
Post a Comment