It was a little weird because we were having some HEAVY rain and then all of a sudden the electricity goes out...the rain stops and I began hearing LOTS of emergency vehicle sirens. A little while later I've got several helicopters circling over head. I have NO IDEA what is going on. The helicopters and sirens continue for at least 30-45 min. We finally get electricity back on and low and behold I find out...The Cowboys Practice Facility has collapsed in the winds we were having! Their offices and practice dome is literally just a few blocks from me. A lot of us that live over here joke about the Cowboys living in our backyard.
The Big white training dome with the Blue Star on the top can be seen from just about anywhere here in the valley. Of course I can't find pictures of what it looked like before. But it was an Icon to Valley Ranch. It's kinda weird to drive around and NOT see it standing high above everything.
I took a walk up the street to take pictures. I hate that I did that because the WHOLE metroplex is all of a sudden in our neighborhood. It's a little annoying! LOTS of Traffic and Lookey Loos! You can basically get the gist of everything from the CRAZY amount of news reports we have. I'm not sure why people are wanting to drive to see it in person. I guess it's the die hard Cowboys fans. For me it's just like WOW that big dome is gone? I see it every day!! It's weird because we were just talking about if the Cowboys were going to move their offices with the new stadium being built. And we wondered what would happen to that big dome they fought to build here in Valley Ranch. Well I guess no worries on that...mother nature took care of that one. It will be interesting in the coming months to see what winds up going through HOA for any rebuilds. It was quite a fight for the Cowboys to be able to build that in the first place.
Here are the pics of the collapsed dome...
You can go here and see footage that was taped inside while the dome went down...
http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa090502_lj_cowboys.11e43627.html
Around the neighborhood there are quite a few trees and fences down. It looks like I've just got a little shingle pulled up around one of the vents. I'm Thankful that this is the only damage I've found! I need a good escape from repairs. I'll call insurance out to double check for me, but hopefully this is the only bad spot on the roof.
Yes it has been quite a weekend! In a few days I'll post some pics of a recent trip to an Antique Mall. Why oh why must the things I find and like cost so much?

1 comment:
Man, storms...I hear ya on that. Yes, that dome collapsing was terrible. Hope you're doing well.
Post a Comment