Alright so I had quite the ordeal with the plumbing situation. I was able to get my warranty company to approve for me to get my own plumber out. I didn't have one, but wound up with a GREAT one. He was very professional came out on the weekend and got the leak fixed. Of course as I thought...once the leak was fixed it was very easy to get the water dried up. I bought a box fan and have kept it running for a week...moving it to different locations. Everything is all dried up. Cost...$30 for the fan plus electricity...compared to the $1400 the company wanted to charge me...are you CRAZY?!
So this week I'm not working and have vowed to spend time on things around the house. A week ago I finalized all the payments on my kitchen counters so hopefully in the next week or so I can have those installed! :) So what I'd like to get done this week is ALL the wallpaper finally off the kitchen walls. And if I can over achieve a little maybe the pantry sanded and painted.
I called a handyman recommended by my counter guys. He's coming out tomorrow to give me the estimate to replace my drywall and baseboards from the leak. So I'd like to have that finished this week if he will be able to get to that. If he gets it done early in the week, I want to have my laundry room painted this week!! :)
I have a lawn service and talked with one of the guys this past week about my front flower beds. They are in quite a mess. Now's the time to change that out. I'm not sure what I really want to do landscaping wise, but I need to at least get something started so the HOA doesn't hound me! So he's coming out this week and going to pull out all my shrubs and mulch the beds for preparation for whatever I want to do. So another task for me this week is buying some plants and getting my front beds spruced up.
So I've got myself quite the list of tasks to do this week. Be looking for pictures. I've got to get some of this stuff DONE! :) I'll be checking these sites... The Lettered Cottage and Nesting Place. These girls keep me motivated and inspired!! Hold me to it...Pictures this week of projects DONE! :)
**EXCITING UPDATE**
My counters for my kitchen are READY! They are coming to do the tear out on Wednesday and the install on Thursday! Oh this will be an exciting week FOR SURE!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment