Well I may have begun a project that is above and beyond me! My stove is sitting on my counters and the oven is halfway out...and I decide to blog instead! I know what needs to be done, but I don't know how to do it. GEEZ!!!! And oh all of this is supposed to be finished so when the new stove is delivered...TOMORROW... they can nicely install it! FAT CHANCE! All I can say is OH SHIT!
It started today with me having trouble changing the saw blade. Then I couldn't get a good grip on the gas line to disconnect the stove. Hmmm...okay let's go to HOME DEPOT! They struggle a little as well, but finally get the saw blade changed, and I find a nice new set of pliers for the gas line...back to work I go! Well, crap, I cannot get the gas line to disconnect properly. And now I'm not trying anymore because I can just imagine some crazy explosion.
Okay moving on...I can at least get the oven pulled out. Wow this is coming ou
I can't wait to see the installers' reactions tomorrow. I'm going to glam myself up and PLEAD with them to at least just do the gas disconnect. Then I can get the oven out and the counters cut. Then I guess I'll just have to hire an electrician to fix the wiring for my new stove. OH MY MY MY!!!

2 comments:
You can actually hard-wire the new stove in like the old stove was wired in. You can also use these wires to install a plug. I watched J do the plug (read him the directions while he did the work) and it was not that hard. If the guys won't do it today, give us a call and J can tell you what you need to buy and probably walk you through the process (either) over the phone. Just be careful with the gas...gas go BOOM!
"I'm gonna glam myself up"-- man, Kristen, you're _killing_ me!! :) So, did it work, or did you still have to do it yourself? Was that the part where you had to change from a 4-prong to 3-prong plug? I so admire you for doing all of this yourself! You are so amazing!
Post a Comment